Friday, August 28, 2009

OMG, AN UPDATE!!

Yes, I am still alive. Yes, I'm still a writer. And no, I did not kiss your sister (I swear!)

Lots of changes the last couple of months. I've moved to a new town. My youngest daughter is now attending school, and I'm still looking for a job until I get this darn thing published.

Oh, you want to know about the book? Oh, how silly of me, I should have came right out and talked about it! I promise to have my wife punish me with some un-needed house chores to repent for my sins.

The book is coming along fantastic! I've gotten so much done in so little time I'm starting to wonder what's taking so darn long.

Word count is up to around 31k and going strong. I have been doing a lot of revisions of my outline, and done some backstory for some things, and even worked on the cartography bits of the book.

I recently wrote a scene that had such emotional power it shook me, and I couldn't write, or sleep, for days afterward. My wife said I looked very depressed, and I was, but she told me to hurry up and get past it. I finally did earlier this afternoon, and I realized that the scene was so powerful that it caused writer's block; I didn't know how to proceed. Fear not dear reader, I have passed it and I am moving on.

It seems that the manuscript will actually end up shorter than I originally planned, possibly. I'm shooting for around 90k-100k now, but 150k is not so out of reach honestly. If I can keep the pace up, I might be done before halloween.

I'll keep you updated, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment