Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Yearly Update, so it seems.

I told you guys I was horrible at blogging, but here we go again.

Wow, such an eventful year, although not in a good way.

First off, I'm divorced AGAIN. That's it's own can of worms that I'm not going to burden you with.

Secondly, I got a really good job. Then I got laid off...convenient.

Lastly, and the most recent, I found out I am diabetic. No insulin is needed yet thankfully, but it's something that I is changing how I live my life.

As far as writing goes, I have to admit I've steered away from the disciplined road. But never fear! I'm slowly working back into my daily routine.

And on that note, I would like to announce that I'm, yet again, changing my main project. Zormir will be put on hold for now, just like Lords of the Light. Why? Well it's simple really.

I feel that it would be a mistake for me to launch my writing career with a series. Yes, there are those who have done it successfully (J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer come to mind) but I don't really want my entire career to be linked to one series. There's a lot of stories I want to tell, and I don't feel I'll be able to if I start off on the wrong foot.

Another reason is I just don't feel that my writing ability is up to par to write those long series. I want Zormir and Lords of the Light to be absolutely breathtaking, and I don't feel I can do that just yet. Let me get a couple of books under my belt, then I will attempt to tackle Goliath yet again.

So what am I working on now? Well it's a stand alone book that focuses on redemption. It will probably be marketed in the YA category, so that's what I'm writing it as, a YA novel. You could call it modern fantasy I suppose, but that's all I'm going to say. What I will say, though, is that now guys finally have something good to read and don't have to worry about "Twilight".

So, I'm pretty much just trying to rebuild the shattered remains of my former life. Writing has always brought me joy and peace in times of chaos, and it will again. I'll try to update more often, but I will make no promises.

If you're interested in movie (and who isn't?) I have also started a movie review blog. Go check it out! http://inferiormoviereview.blogspot.com

I'll see y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment