Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Update

Well, made some large strides lately, here's a recap...

I finally finished the outline for the Zormir books, and have begun heavy writing on the first draft. It's still early, and very rough, but I'm going to just get the story down on paper for now then I'll work on refining it and making it better later. The first draft is going to suck, like all first drafts do, but I'm hoping to get it done in a month or so.

With the outline done, the plan is 5 books for Zormir. It could go much longer (Robert Jordan sold 3 books to Tor Publishing...and the 12th book is due out this November, with 2 more after that). I'm a discovery writer; meaning that while I'm writing I think of new things on the fly. I let my characters go out on their own, and if it deviates from my outline, so be it. My characters write my books, I merely write it down for them.

I'm also working on still transferring old LotL manuscript from paper to PC, but that's the least of my concerns as of late. I've actually lost many pages of the old manuscripts due to poor storage on my part, and the world has changed significantly since I wrote those anyway...so it will be a slightly different story, but same basic principle. Zormir is going to be done first more than likely, but I haven't forgotten Kinjo and company.

The new book, which I'm tentatively calling "Discovery", is on the backburner for now. I want to focus all of my mental might on Zormir; once I begin editing I'll work more on it.

So, rather brief today. Got a lot of stuff going on other than novels, so nothing much more to write about.

So, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment